Scientific Equipment Development Institute (SEDI), Minna as a parastatal under National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) which is an agency of (The presidency) was established in June, 1992.
vision of Scientific Equipment Development Institute is “To create an enabling knowledge driven environment for local mass production of standard parts, goods and services required for the nation’s technology advancement.”
MANDATE OF THE INSTITUTE
The mandate of the institute specifically in the area of research, production and reverse engineering with respect to the following broad areas:
- Research into and develop systems for mass production of:-
- School Laboratory apparatus for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Introductory Technology, Integrated Science, etc.
- Scientific equipment for research, industries and higher institutions.
- Measuring and control instruments for electrical, electronics, mechanical workshops, artisans, etc industries and utility equipment.
ACHIEVEMENTSThe Institute has produced many Scientific Equipment for Schools, Hospitals and Industries. CORE VALUES SEDI – Minna is aimed at contributing to the nation’s technology advancement.
The mobile Laboratory is mainly made available in three forms;
- The Mathematical Kit (Wooden)
- The Primary Science Kit, and
- The Junior Secondary Science Kit